There are a LOT of great romances in K-World. But sometimes my favorite romances are the ones that are just that – romantic. And not much else. This is not the list for Goblin (too many tears!), Love in the Moonlight (political plotline rather dull), While You Were Sleeping (serious crimes), or Will It Snow for Christmas (dude… so melodramatic!)… though all of those are stupidly romantic.
This is the list of the FLUFFY BUNNY SLIPPERS variety… the ones you start smiling just thinking about it. Though there may be some drama (well, there’s gotta be a little conflict for plot), it will not distract you from the ultimate plot, which is love sweet love.
- Coffee Prince – a joy ride from start to finish
- Sungkyunkwan Scandal – Sageuk cuteness
- Shopping King Louis – gaaaaahhhhh so adorable
- 1% of Something – a classic premise of contract love
- The Greatest Love – zany and fun
- Beautiful Gong Shim – weirdos in love
- Cinderella and the Four Knights – fairytale romance
- Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-Joo – slice of sweet life
- Flower Boy Next Door & Me Too Flower! (tie of Yoon Si-Yoon, king of cuteness, dramas)
- Which Star Are You From? – opposites attract
- My Girl – an oldie but goodie
- Tomorrow’s Cantabile / Naeil’s Cantabile – quirky proteges in love
- You’re Beautiful – a staple of K-world silliness and fun
- What’s Up & Dream High (tie of musical teen group feel great dramas)
- Cheer Up Sassy Go Go – aerobics love
- Twenty Again – ajumma! I love you!
- Reply 1997 – nostalgic sweetness
- Queen In Hyun’s Man – grinning like fools in love
- Oh My Venus – so adorable
- Marriage Not Dating – cuties falling for each other
Hm… I didn’t realize I hadn’t reviewed some of these until now. My goodness. How did I forget to review My Girl??? That was one of the first romantic comedy K-dramas I watched, many moons ago…. gives me an excuse to watch it again, I guess.
What about you? Do you have a favorite 100% Feel Good drama that didn’t make it to the list? Let me know!
3 thoughts on “100 Percent Love – Top 10 Feel Good Dramas”
Pingback: Rom Coms or Ambien? | subtitledreams
– Backstreet Rookie
– When the Weather is Fine (watching now – looks promising IMO)
– FullHouse (a bit of skinship would have elevated its pitch to hit a higher rating)
– One Spring Night (my perfect romance – with Han Ji Min & Jung Hae In
– What Happened in Bali (Something Happened in Bali) – IMO a Kdrama Classic
I loved Full House. That was definitely a cute classic feel good movie.